Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.StreamReader lists field Null twice

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.StreamReader lists field Null twice
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:45:02 +0530

If memory serves me right, Thomas Lozza wrote:
> > been fixed in CVS .
>
> .. wanna grap the newest sources but cant ping subversions.gnu.org at
> the moment.. is it just me???

Most likely , your firewalls might be blocking CVS access. In that case
you might want to look at port 443 CVS access in subversions ;-)

Or if your institution is HTTP proxied (like mine) , you might want to get
it off the Savannah backups section for an unofficial CVS snapshot.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs.backups/

> .. mhh.. but how do i know which Null is the one of the StreamReader
> class?? is it the one of type StreamReader or the one of type

I can't test it in .NET , so I can't say for sure . Anyway mono won't
run it and mint gives exactly the same answer.

> TextReader.. most probabely of StreamReader but how can i be sure, ie.
> how can my compiler (oberon) be sure?

What I'm asking is that -- are you getting different results with MS.NET ?
I think the problem could be fixed relatively easily , if I knew what it
actually needs.

My question is reflected by the attached code.

Btw, the compiler should not have to worry too much ... as this is a
static field. StreamReader.Null and TextReader.Null should give the
right class to pick ..

> i'd say yes.. - if not shadowed..

They are not shadowed (aka overriden) as both are of different types.
I don't think I could put those in the same slots ?.

Gopal