Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.StreamReader lists field Null twice

From: Thomas Lozza
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.StreamReader lists field Null twice
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 17:09:06 +0100

Gopal V wrote:
If memory serves me right, Thomas Lozza wrote:
It compiles now ... I don't think 0.5.2 compiles this code but it has been fixed in CVS .

.. wanna grap the newest sources but cant ping subversions.gnu.org at the moment.. is it just me???

Also the issue with the Null was unclear till I got this mail , I just
tried to modify the code a bit and print the Type of the field as well.

fieldname=Null,System.IO.StreamReader
fieldname=sawEOF,System.Boolean
fieldname=Null,System.IO.TextReader

That should solve that issue ...

.. mhh.. but how do i know which Null is the one of the StreamReader class?? is it the one of type StreamReader or the one of type TextReader.. most probabely of StreamReader but how can i be sure, ie. how can my compiler (oberon) be sure?

But the question is only this ...
Are static fields supposed to show in the child class's fields ?.
i'd say yes.. - if not shadowed..

--tom