Re: [DotGNU]Call for help on DotGNU.Data

From: minddog
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Call for help on DotGNU.Data
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:02:20 -0700

If I'm not mistaken Gopal V wrote:
> Remember, I said "ADO.NET compatibility ?" not "let's build ADO.NET"...
Okay I can agree on that, next part is creating a focused architecture.  I
think we should put ADO.NET compatibility in the back of our heads, but not
let us hinder our creativity.

My 2 cents:
We build objects:
Row(data)
Column
Table
Database
Access Priveleges
...?

I've always thought that keeping a record of the tables structure should
always be in memory and during each query it is updated.  It would be an
interesting concept to abstract a bit of the sql from the user, but this
could also hinder us in performance.

In simplest we should just write:
DatabaseConnection
SqlQuery
and
have many sets of return types for SqlQuery.

While an ADO.NET layer is easily implemented on top of that layer.

regards,
--
--minddog( Adam Ballai )

"I try to take it one day at a time, but several of them attack me at once."
-mistyflip