Re: [DotGNU]Decompiler help needed.....

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Decompiler help needed.....
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:46:07 +1100

On 13-Mar-2003, Nargis Anjaria <address@hidden> wrote:
> hello.. i m working on .Net Decompiler that will input and exe file and
> will generates its equivalent C# file..  its similar to Salamander...i m
> learning IL but the problem is i m unable to get how i m going to read IL
> code from the exe...can any body give me any idea.???..or can tell me links
> that help me...??

There are a number of tool kits which you can use for this,
that provide APIs for processing .NET DLL or EXE files:

        Don Sym's ILX stuff has one, called "AbstractIL".
        See <http://research.microsoft.com/projects/ilx/absil.htm>.

        The Garden's Point compiler includes one called "PEAPI"
        <http://www.citi.qut.edu.au/research/plas/projects/cp_files/cpnet.html>.
        But I'm not sure whether it handles reading such files, or whether it
        only handles writing them.

        Jim Miller apparently wrote a PE file reader/writer which is
        up somewhere on www.gotdotnet.com.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit