RE: [DotGNU]RDF based discovery system

From: James Mc Parlane
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]RDF based discovery system
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:51:51 +1100

I like it.

This sounds like it would complement the MetaWrap project, a
"MetaDataRepository" could act as an API/data directory which a user could
search, a MetaWrap plugin could then be dynamically created by interpreting
the XML and downloading/linking the specified code. The operator/object
could then be mounted in the distributed/grid object model.

What you want to do with the XML description sounds very similar to the
proposed plugin system for MetaWrap 'Amphibian'. I think I or ajmitch showed
you this last year, not sure

(Looks like latest version of doxygen mangles the XML)
http://www.metawrap.com/projects/server/amphibian/docs/developer/html/mw_ser
ver_pluginmanager_requirements.html

The 'clearer' version of this documentation can be found
http://metawrap.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/metawrap/server/amphibian/plugin-man
ager/mw_pm.cpp?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup