RE: [DotGNU]RDF based discovery system

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]RDF based discovery system
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:14:57 -0800 (PST)

--- James Mc Parlane <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]

Cool.

> This sounds like it would complement the MetaWrap project, a
> "MetaDataRepository" could act as an API/data directory which a user
> could
> search, a MetaWrap plugin could then be dynamically created by
> interpreting
> the XML and downloading/linking the specified code.

I hope so. That is the entire idea. It is funny that C# and IL supports
such an easy access to this data via relection. Ada supports it via
ASIS. Other languages as well. Why not pull all this information into
common format.

Also this ties into the Corba Meta-data / Interface repository. Please
check out this paper :
http://www.computer.org/conferences/meta96/wolf/node1.html
Mico Also supports interface repository.
http://emily.soils.wisc.edu/mico_docs/doc/node21.html

http://www.metawrap.com/projects/server/amphibian/docs/developer/html/mw_ser
> ver_pluginmanager_requirements.html
>
> The 'clearer' version of this documentation can be found

http://metawrap.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/metawrap/server/amphibian/plugin-manager/mw_pm.cpp?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Ok, this looks like a good start. How does it relate to the DGMX?

Also, what is the way to query the interface of a plugin?

http://metawrap.com/mw.dtd
Where can i get that?

mike

=====