[DotGNU]Re: [Forum-dev]Forum update 30-3-2003

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [Forum-dev]Forum update 30-3-2003
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 19:17:12 +0200

James Michael DuPont wrote:

> I am interesting in doing some basic work on forum,
>
> I have sketched out the architecture for a knowledge browser,
> it has to be hooked up to an indexing system.
> We need to be able to full text index many documents that make up a
> knowledgebase. We need to also convert all the relevant documents into
> easy to read files.

We should definetely discuss the knowledge web on the FSEDU list sometime.

> The different files can be first converted into xml or html, and
> referenced by RDF. That is the creating of an index.
>
> Now the key part is this :
> 1. We need a central key system that has simple rdf descriptions of
> concepts.
> 2. The key concepts are hooked into the indexing system, so you can
> find  documents based on the keys.
> 3. The different documents are then related by the relationships
> between the key and you can filter them down using the relationships.
>
> All of this uses the interactive forum system.
>
> is is possible?

Easy as the root of PI^2. What you do is make a program that interfaces with the
GNU.RDF server, preferably through the server API for speed. You then make this
program a forumapp. You also make a forumclient that communicates with the
forumapp. Then you hope that the program does not have security holes, because
the forumapp has access to private forum data (this is why it's important to run
only apps on the GNU.RDF server that you fully trust).

Greetings,

Peter