[DotGNU]Re: [Forum-dev]Forum update 30-3-2003

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [Forum-dev]Forum update 30-3-2003
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 13:03:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> things have been quiet in the Forum project for some time due to the
> switch to
> RDF. Today I decided not to wait for GNU.RDF (an essential component
> for the
> Forum server) to be completed but to start work on a temporary
> solution: Redland
> with DBM. This way the Forum server can become complete enough for
> basic stuff.
> I will work on this.
>
> A pending but important task is the porting of the Dillo GTK HTML
> browser
> component to Ruby so that it can be used inside the forumclient. Some
> hacks need
> to be done to make it work with the htmlsender forumapp, because that
> app uses
> Jabber/RPC instead of HTTP. Anyone interested?

I am interesting in doing some basic work on forum,

I have sketched out the architecture for a knowledge browser,
it has to be hooked up to an indexing system.
We need to be able to full text index many documents that make up a
knowledgebase. We need to also convert all the relevant documents into
easy to read files.

The different files can be first converted into xml or html, and
referenced by RDF. That is the creating of an index.

Now the key part is this :
1. We need a central key system that has simple rdf descriptions of
concepts.
2. The key concepts are hooked into the indexing system, so you can
find  documents based on the keys.
3. The different documents are then related by the relationships
between the key and you can filter them down using the relationships.

All of this uses the interactive forum system.

is is possible?
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont