[DotGNU]Re: download space for MS-Windows installer of DotGNU Portable.N

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: download space for MS-Windows installer of DotGNU Portable.NET
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:22:05 -0700

Norbert Bollow wrote:
> Bradley M. Kuhn <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > This is no harm in providing material on ftp.gnu.org to help Windows
> > users make use of GNU software, as long as you include complete
> > corresponding source code alongside any binaries
>
> Does this mean that the "installer" package should contain the source
> code as well as the compiled binary?

Any package we put up for download on ftp.gnu.org must be Free Software
and include complete corresponding source code -- be it an installer or a
compiled binary.

> Except for the installer program itself (which is Free Software - I've
> checked the license - but not part of GNU)

What is the license?

> we're talking about a straightforward build of official released code of
> DotGNU Portable.NET

It is the installer that I am most worried about.

   -- bkuhn
--
Learn more about my work for FSF and how you can help:
     http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=bkuhn&p=FSF