Re: [DotGNU]Howdy

From: gopalv82
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Howdy
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:15:23 -0700 (PDT)

You wrote:
I discovered pnet on freshmeat, and I'd like to help out a bit. I'm mostly
> interested in using it to compile C programs, not C# (Using it as an easy
> way to test a 64-bit environment),

Ok, so you've already got pnet compiled and running on a 64 bit box ?
(just so that I can add that to the "Platforms ported to") list ...

> but the pnetC library is pretty skimpy at
> the moment, making it hard to get useful stuff running.

The original plan was to do a standard glibc port ie .. use the steps
needed for porting glibc to a new platform. To replace the platform POSIX
calls and use the rest of the API. PnetC was supposed to be a stand-in
replacement till that date.

it would be a wasted effort trying to implement stuff like printf() formatting
afresh in pnetC ..

> on the patch manager as soon as I figure out how. Do you have to create a
> savannah account first? Never used it before.

I see that you've already dumped the patch to savannah ... (sorry,
my devel box is down now, will check it later on) .... though I would say
I'm very impressed by the way your code (except the brace indents and
formatting details...)

Gopal