Re: [DotGNU][Proposal] Naming convention for Bug reports

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU][Proposal] Naming convention for Bug reports
Date: 31 Jul 2003 01:50:43 -0500

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a humble suggestion for the naming of bugreports,
> patches and such :
>
> [Module-Name]/[Context] Description
>
> for example :
>  [Pnet/Ildasm][Attributes] Problem with $74|\|63 Names
> What do you think?

Hmm.  I think there could be some trouble getting people to actually
do this.  Of course, this could be solved with arbitrary renaming, but
pipermail doesn't make that a user feature, I'm sure.

Dream this.  Bug-reporting webservice.  Of course, then you'd start
getting reports of the form:

    [dgreportbug][Calling] 0.1.2 doesn't accept new bug reports

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

        "Yo, Mike!"
        "Yeah, Gabe?"
        "We got a problem down on Earth.  In Utah."
        "I thought you fixed that last century!"
        "No, no, not that.  Someone's found a security problem in the physics
program.  They're getting energy out of nowhere."
        "Blessit!  Lemme look...  <tappity clickity tappity>  Hey, it's
there all right!  OK, just a sec...  <tappity clickity tap... save... compile>
There, that ought to patch it.  Dist it out, wouldja?"
                -- Cold Fusion, 1989

ICE M-14 bemd cracking fissionable Merlin keyhole David John Oates
CDMA Perl-RSA SHA quiche jihad offensive information warfare PLO