Re: [DotGNU][Proposal] Naming convention for Bug reports

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU][Proposal] Naming convention for Bug reports
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:33:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stephen Compall <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have a humble suggestion for the naming of bugreports,
> > patches and such :
> >
> > [Module-Name]/[Context] Description
> >
> > for example :
> >  [Pnet/Ildasm][Attributes] Problem with $74|\|63 Names
> > What do you think?
>
> Hmm.  I think there could be some trouble getting people to actually
> do this.  Of course, this could be solved with arbitrary renaming,
> but
> pipermail doesn't make that a user feature, I'm sure.

Ok. Then I would like to get bug reporting rights, I will personally
update the bugreport and make them more intelligent. Or, I can just
complain about each bug individually that is not formatted correctly.

What if our pnet team would to set a standard and require that the bugs
are reported correctly. It is not much work and makes a big difference
in the long term.

> Dream this.  Bug-reporting webservice.  Of course, then you'd start
> getting reports of the form:
>
>     [dgreportbug][Calling] 0.1.2 doesn't accept new bug reports

Cool. Good idea.
I have been looking into the bugtracker and gforge XML apis.
We should be able to create a bug reporting API soon.

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/