Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 - Windows package

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 - Windows package
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:51:45 -0500

Mohan Embar wrote:

Hi Earnie,

Ok, now that we understand one another, perhaps you can make arrangements to distribute the packages via the cygwin installation. I'm sure someone on the cygwin list will gladly help you in the task.

This is off-topic, but whatever became of your investigations
into building pnet with MSYS? You had some findings and suggestions
but I can't remember how things turned out in the end.
I was actually using MSYS to build a MinGW version.  As has already been
stated, pnet isn't quite yet ready for native Win32.  I simply don't have the
time to code for it, but it seemed to be a matter of a bidirectional pipe,
IIRC.  I did post a preliminary patch but I don't remember that it went
anywhere or that the patch worked.

Once a native Win32 version is possible.  Using MSYS to build it should be a piece of cake.
Just configure --prefix=/mingw && make && make install.  No special switch
required.

Earnie

--
http://www.mingw.org