Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 - Windows package

From: Maciek
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PNet 0.6.4 - Windows package
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:24:07 +0800

If we're talking about process spawning with pipe redirection in cscc/common/cc_main.c, then it's a matter of opening a readable pipe. MSDN even has an article on porting pipe/fork code to Windows API in UNIX Migration Code, with a complete example in C. There's also complete code for such task in GNU CVS (itself).

I'm not aware of other Windows portability issues, although ideally I'd like to see Pnet being able to build on MSVCPP 7.1. Just like Earnie said, it's a time issue. I was planning to port it early next week but if they'll turn off the power again in 40C heat here in Perth, I'll have to postpone those plans for later time :(