[Pnet-developers] HELP needed to run winforms apps in OSX

From: Enrique Zamudio
Subject: [Pnet-developers] HELP needed to run winforms apps in OSX
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:30:26 -0500

Hello,

I can't get any of the winforms samples to run on Mac OS X.

I have OSX 10.2.6 with Apple's X11 server. First, the error I got was:

[qix:fuentes/pnetlib/samples] ezamudio% ilrun XHello.exe
libXsharpSupport.dylib: could not load dynamic library
(NSObjectFileImageAccess)
Uncaught exception: Xsharp.XCannotConnectException: X/Windows library is not
present, or could not be
located on the library search path.
        at Xsharp.Display.OpenInternal(String, Application) in
./Display.cs:194
        at Xsharp.Display.Open(String, Application) in ./Display.cs:204
        at Xsharp.Application..ctor(String, String[]) in
./Application.cs:252
        at XHello.Main(String[]) in ./XHello.cs:29

So I looked for libXsharpSupport.dylib and, not surprisingly, I didn't find
it anywhere. I copied libXsharpSupport.a to libXsharpSupport.dylib (I found
it in /usr/local/lib/cscc/lib) and then what I got was:

[qix:fuentes/pnetlib/samples] ezamudio% ilrun XHello.exe
/usr/local/lib/cscc/lib/libXsharpSupport.dylib: could not load dynamic
library (NSObjectFileImageInappropriateFile)
Uncaught exception: Xsharp.XCannotConnectException: X/Windows library is not
present, or could not be
located on the library search path.
        at Xsharp.Display.OpenInternal(String, Application) in
./Display.cs:194
        at Xsharp.Display.Open(String, Application) in ./Display.cs:204
        at Xsharp.Application..ctor(String, String[]) in
./Application.cs:252
        at XHello.Main(String[]) in ./XHello.cs:29

Now I don't know if the .a is invalid as a .dylib (probably), but if this is
the case, why was it compiled as a static library on OSX? shouldn't it be
compiled as a dynamic library? what do I have to change to accomplish this?

Additionally, what about that "cannot connect" exception? will it go away if
I compile XsharpSupport as a dynamic library?

I will appreciate any help I can get. I tried this first with 0.5.8 but now
I'm using the freshest updates from cvs and still nothing. I don't have fink
installed, I don't know if I need it, but I shouldn't...

TIA,
eZL