Re: [Pnet-developers] HELP needed to run winforms apps in OSX

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] HELP needed to run winforms apps in OSX
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:48:55 +1000

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 10:30 am, Enrique Zamudio wrote:

> So I looked for libXsharpSupport.dylib and, not surprisingly, I didn't find
> it anywhere. I copied libXsharpSupport.a to libXsharpSupport.dylib (I found
> it in /usr/local/lib/cscc/lib) and then what I got was:

That won't work.  The .a is a static library, which isn't in the right format
to be a .dylib.

It looks like your build system failed to detect dynamic library support.  You
may want to check your libtool installation/documentation.  Try rebuilding
pnetlib with "./configure --enable-shared" (although it should detect it by
default).  Otherwise, drop into the #dotgnu IRC channel and ping "alias" or
"absurd", who are our resident OS X experts.

> Additionally, what about that "cannot connect" exception? will it go away
> if I compile XsharpSupport as a dynamic library?

Probably.  If it got far enough to access XsharpSupport, then it has already
found libX11.dylib, which is the really important one.

Cheers,

Rhys.