Re: [Pnet-developers] Tortoise

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Tortoise
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 22:55:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

If I remember correctly you had to configure your
CVSROOT
in tortoise. Just passing the CVSROOT in the checkout
command
does not help - as you are still having -d:ext:cvs as
the
CVSROOT in the listing youve attached.

The best way would be to run the raw command from the
commandline.
Also you need an SSH client (if youre using putty, you
should be
putting CVS_RSH=c:\\...\\plink.exe)

I am facing slightly different problems now that
Savannah no longer
keeps the 443 port open for CVS. So you could use my
daily snapshot
of pnet as well.

http://demo.dotgnu.org/~t3rmin4t0r/cvs-snapshots/

Of course, *after* untarring those tarballs .. you
could always
try to update those .. avoiding all the messing
CVSROOT issues.
But you still need an SSH client and CVS_RSH set to
that path.
(tortoise should handle that automatically, IIRC)

HTH,
Gopal
--- address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> I followed the instructions specified at the link
provided.  I have
> copied what I think is the correct section and I
have included the
> output.  The point at which I hit a problem is
providing a blank
> password to TortoisePlink.  It isn't obvious to me
whether this a
> problem for Plink or the Savannagh server.
>
> This is much too difficult...very disappointing
>

>   https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=dotgnu-pnet
>
>   excerpt...
>
>   Anonymous CVS Access
>
>   This project's CVS repository can be checked out
through anonymous CVS
> over SSH with the following instruction set. The
module you wish to
> check out must be specified as the modulename. When
prompted for a
> password for anoncvs, simply press the Enter key.
>   The SSHv2 public key fingerprints for the machine
hosting the cvs
> trees are:
>   RSA: 1024
80:5a:b0:0c:ec:93:66:29:49:7e:04:2b:fd:ba:2c:d5
>   DSA: 1024
4d:c8:dc:9a:99:96:ae:cc:ce:d3:2b:b0:a3:a4:95:a5

>   Software repository :
>   export CVS_RSH="ssh"
>   cvs -z3
-d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet
co
> dotgnu-pnet
>

> When prompted for a password in the TortoisePlink
dialog I just press
> enter, the net result being that I get access denied
as follows...

> In C:\cvsnt\wip\dotgnu: C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q checkout
> -P .CVSROOT=:ext:cvs -z3
> -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet
co dotgnu-pnetcvs
> checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Access
denied' from cvs
> servercvs
> checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Access
denied' from cvs
> servercvs
> checkout: warning: unrecognized response `FATAL
ERROR: Server sent
> disconnect message' from cvs servercvs checkout:
> warning: unrecognized response `type 2
(SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR):'
> from cvs servercvs checkout:
> warning: unrecognized response `"Too many
authentication failures for
> cvs -z3 -d"' from cvs servercvs [checkout aborted]:
end of file from
> server (consult above messages if any)Error, CVS
operation failed

<address@hidden>

-d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet

> login
> >   cvs -z3
-d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet

> co .
>
> These instructions won't work any more since the
Savannah security