[Pnet-developers] Trouble with getting PNETLIB ./configure to find insta

From: Jason King
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Trouble with getting PNETLIB ./configure to find installation of X?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:10:50 -0000

Hello

I am trying to the new modal forms functionality going on my Mac, using the latest release of PNET (not the cvs daily stuff though).

I have Mac OSX 10.2.8 with XFree86 4.3.0
I have OrouborsX installed also (which is probably irrelevant).

Now, a few months ago with a previous release of Portable.NET, I had managed to get the forms business to work with X.  Now, after updating to the latest Pnet release, I am repeatedly cursed by:

a)my own ignorance of how to get PNET to recognise that X is installed (unless I am misundertanding the error message)
b)everytime I try to run one of the samples, I see the error message saying "X is not installed, or cannot be found on the path" or words to that effect.
c)my own *nix based ignorance overall, in particular how to set the path to point to the relevant X folders

So far, I have:
1) In the usual Terminal-tcsh console, I messed about setting the path to include /usr/X11R6/bin but cannot seem to manage this (I am trying set path="$path /usr/X11R6/bin", but this doesn't seem to work, in fact, I then loose the ability to use the "ls" command)

2) Launched X and then used XDarwin to view the path - in XDarwin, the path includes /usr/X11R/bin.  Having seen that the path is then set, I have returned to the PNETLIB folder in the XDarwin window, and tried ./configure again - this then reports that 'checking for X...(cached) no".

One way or the other, I am failing somewhere.   Can anybody help me please?

Thanks
Regards,
Jason King
Profox Systems Ltd