Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> I am looking at Emit and preparing to
> do some work on it. However I see that
> the ECMA-documentation does not cover
> the Emit namespace. Also some of the
> Reflection classes (Ex: AssemblyName)
> are missing in the ECMS docs.

ECMA BCL does not cover Reflection.Emit
(unfortunately).

> To adhere to the non-peeking at proprietary
> stuff, where do U guys peek? :o)

How about MSDN :) .... The way I do it is to just
type the class name in google and let it find the
docs to peek. It hasn't failed till now :)

Reflection.Emit should be decently documented there.
Btw, the IL unit test application doesn't sound too
bad .. try { } catch ( VerificationException e) {}
might work.. But of course, we're trying to build a
Re.Emit that generates valid code ;-)

The hard part of Re.Emit will be the dynamic execution
part. The IL has to be executed without writing to the
disk . But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Gopal