Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems

From: Michal Moskal
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:57:33 +0200

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:40:07AM -0700, Gopal V wrote:
> Reflection.Emit should be decently documented there.
> Btw, the IL unit test application doesn't sound too
> bad .. try { } catch ( VerificationException e) {}
> might work.. But of course, we're trying to build a
> Re.Emit that generates valid code ;-)

I believe there are no guarantees about validity of code generated by
S.R.E. It is even possible to insert some junky opcodes by accident
by using wrong overload of Emit method (like Emit(Ldarg_s,
0xdeadf00ddeadf00dULL)). Neither Mono nor MS .NET catches this kind of
error during generation. And verification is far more complex then just
valid opcodes.

--
: Michal Moskal :: http://www.kernel.pl/~malekith :: GCS !tv h e>+++ b++
: When in doubt, use brute force. -- Ken Thompson :: UL++++$ C++ E--- a?