Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> Managed code != S.R.E. Under Windows one need to
> have reflection
> permission to actually generate and run code. And
> that ,,major
> argument'' is that one can verify code before
> running it -- you can
> generate assembly and the verify it.

You'll anyway verify it during execution (or just
before to be accurate)....

> Nope. When using Emit(Ldarg_S, ((int)1)) you will
> easly see that
>
>   ldarg.s 1
>   nop
>   nop
>   nop

That sucks .... it should be generating only one call.
Just check what pnet's doing ... IIRC it's doing only
2 byte output for ldarg.s 1 ... Rich333 ?.

> Emit() call simply puts bytes into method body.

We should be able to put stuff into the ILMethodCode
structure to be able to execute it dynamically ..

Gopal