dotgnu-visionaries

Re: [Visionaries] The Relative Semantic Web

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Visionaries] The Relative Semantic Web
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:39:39 +0200 (CEST)

Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:

> ...". I tried solving it by locating the server based on the URI, it's not
> elegant though, since if I wanted to put information about DotGNU on my own
> webspace I wouldn't have the nice dotgnu.org part in it that signals to users
> immediately what it's about.

Why is putting stuff in a directory called "dotgnu" not good enough?

> The internet today works with central DNS servers and assigned
> domains by powerful authorities. I believe this system is weak, if
> somebody would take over the authorities it would be easy enough to
> cause major damage.

I agree that this is a problem, but I think that trying to fix it is
probably outside the scope of DotGNU.

> databases. So my stuff about how Forum works could be located at
> dotgnu!people!PeterMinten!forum!howitworks (yes, a bang path :-)

I think bang paths are not very suitable for human consumption...
certianly not better than URIs.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/