dotgnu-visionaries

Re: [Visionaries] The Relative Semantic Web

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Visionaries] The Relative Semantic Web
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:06:34 +0200 (CEST)

> > Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > ...". I tried solving it by locating the server based on the
> > > URI, it's not elegant though, since if I wanted to put
> > > information about DotGNU on my own webspace I wouldn't have the
> > > nice dotgnu.org part in it that signals to users immediately
> > > what it's about.
> >
> > Why is putting stuff in a directory called "dotgnu" not good enough?
>
> Ahem, directories are part of a tree structure. RDF triples are two points
> connected by an arc, an RDF web is thus a graph, but not a specific
> type like a tree.

I still don't understand why e.g.

  "http://peter.minten.name/dotgnu/forum/howitworks";

doesn't meet your needs for an URI that
a) can be used by machines for locating the server
b) signals to humans imeediately what it's about

Ok, from an RDF perspective, this additional tree strcuture that comes
from writing it with (pseudo-?)directories "dotgnu" and "forum" may be
irrelevant, but I think it'd nicely meet objective (b).

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/
Free Software Business Strategy Guide   --->  http://FreeStrategy.info