Re: [Dragora-users] Some issues with the Dragora website

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Some issues with the Dragora website
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 22:10:18 -0300

El 2019-11-13 21:56, Chris F.A. Johnson escribió:
On Thu, 14 Nov 2019, Michael Siegel wrote:

Am 13.11.19 um 22:10 schrieb Chris F.A. Johnson:
On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, Michael Siegel wrote:
? I don't like underlining links (except on :hover). I prefer to make
? them stand out with bold. I saw this on a site several years ago
? and liked it. It seems to be used fairly often these days.

I have to disagree on that. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any
site that does it like that. But that's subjective, of course. My real
point is that making bold text indicate hyperlinks is not a good idea.

   Well the first four sites I went to after reading your comment
   don't have the links underlined:

         https://www.canadiantire.ca/en.html
         http://carlo-domeniconi.com/
         https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
         https://www.audubon.org/birds-of-america

   And I've gone to a few other sites since I made note of those, and
   NONE have the links underlined (execpt on :hover, if then).

I just found more information about this, here:

https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/F73.html