Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:19:04 -0600

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Peter Schuller (Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:07:24 +0100)
>>> But when I try to restore back to ~/tmp I get:
>>>
>>> % duplicity --no-encryption webdavs://address@hidden/backup ~/tmp/backup
>> Can you re-run with -v9 for additional debugging output?
>
> Here we go:
>
> % duplicity -v9 --no-encryption webdavs://address@hidden/backup
> ~/tmp/backup
> Using WebDAV host server
> Using WebDAV directory /backup/
> Using WebDAV protocol http
> Password for 'server':
> Main action: restore
> Listing directory /backup/ on WebDAV server
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:">
>   <D:response>
>     <D:href>https://server/backup/</D:href>
>
>     <D:propstat>
>       <D:prop>
>         <D:quota-available-bytes>2073163190</D:quota-available-bytes>
>         <D:resourcetype>
>           <D:collection/>
>         </D:resourcetype>
>         <D:supportedlock>
>           <D:lockentry>
>             <D:lockscope>
>               <D:shared/>
>             </D:lockscope>
>             <D:locktype>
>               <D:write/>
>             </D:locktype>
>           </D:lockentry>
>           <D:lockentry>
>             <D:lockscope>
>               <D:exclusive/>
>             </D:lockscope>
>             <D:locktype>
>               <D:write/>
>             </D:locktype>
>           </D:lockentry>
>         </D:supportedlock>
>         <D:lockdiscovery/>
>         <D:getcontentlength>0</D:getcontentlength>
>         <D:quota-used-bytes>23988810</D:quota-used-bytes>
>         <D:creationdate>2008-02-26T16:27:06Z</D:creationdate>
>         <D:getlastmodified>Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:27:06 GMT
> </D:getlastmodified>
>         <D:getetag>5b47f0bdd53a0c93ed3fa654622f1dbb</D:getetag>
>         <D:displayname>backup</D:displayname>
>         <D:getcontenttype>httpd/unix-directory</D:getcontenttype>
>       </D:prop>
>       <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
>     </D:propstat>
>   </D:response>
>   <D:response>
>     <D:href>https://server/backup/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-02-
> 27T16%3A54%3A29Z.sigtar.gz</D:href>
>     <D:propstat>
>       <D:prop>
>         <sha1hex xmlns="ME:">f313daf1e7f78d14f8bfe197e08d4ef75d50a4df
> </sha1hex>
>
>         <D:quota-available-bytes>2073163190</D:quota-available-bytes>
>         <D:resourcetype/>
>         <D:supportedlock>
>           <D:lockentry>
>             <D:lockscope>
>               <D:shared/>
>             </D:lockscope>
>             <D:locktype>
>               <D:write/>
>             </D:locktype>
> [...]

I think I see what the problem is, but not yet how to fix it.  It
appears that the XML formats that duplicity wants are not the same as
your WebDAV server is producing.  I am successful at backup and restore
to rsync.net and the XML returned is different than your host.

Sample from rsync.net
<D:href>/testdup/duplicity-full.2008-03-02T15:03:19-06:00.vol1.difftar.gpg</D:href>

Sample from your host
<D:href>https://server/backup/duplicity-full.2008-02-27T16%3A54%3A29Z.manifest</D:href>

I'm not sure the XML parser we use is compatible with %3A expansion.

What host are you going to?  What kind of system?

...Thanks,