[Duplicity-talk] CIFS support?

From: Timothee Besset
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] CIFS support?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:32:44 -0500

Hello,

My backup host is a Windows machine on which I have been given network
shares. So far I've been using the kernel's CIFS support to mount the
shares and use the 'file' scheme for backups.

But the host is offsite, the connection to it is fairly slow, and I
notice on some systems dealing with the unreliable CIFS mount can
degrade the overall performance noticeably.

Would is be possible to get a cifs:// backup scheme, so duplicity
manages the connection and the read/write operations itself rather than
through a filesystem mount?

TTimo