Re: [Duplicity-talk] problem with restores from S3

From: Russell Clemings
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] problem with restores from S3
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:34:17 -0700

Me again ...

Any idea what the problem might be on this one? This is from my backup
script. It worked fine last night, works fine right now, but this
morning (shortly after I wrote the message below) I got failures.

Does it look like just a transitory connection issue or something
worse? As I said, it's fine now, but I hate to leave these things
unresolved.

Download
s3+http://BUCKETNAME/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-10-04T02:20:10-04:00.sigtar.gpg
failed (attempt #1)
Download
s3+http://BUCKETNAME/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-10-04T02:20:10-04:00.sigtar.gpg
failed (attempt #2)
Download
s3+http://BUCKETNAME/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-10-04T02:20:10-04:00.sigtar.gpg
failed (attempt #3)
Download
s3+http://BUCKETNAME/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-10-04T02:20:10-04:00.sigtar.gpg
failed (attempt #4)
Download
s3+http://BUCKETNAME/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-10-04T02:20:10-04:00.sigtar.gpg
failed (attempt #5)
Giving up trying to download
s3+http://BUCKETNAME/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-10-04T02:20:10-04:00.sigtar.gpg
after 5 attempts
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 522, in ?
   with_tempdir(main)
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 516, in with_tempdir
   fn()
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 509, in main
   incremental_backup(sig_chain)
 File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 239, in incremental_backup
   sig_chain.get_fileobjs(), new_sig_outfp)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/collections.py",
line 384, in get_fileobjs
   return map(filename_to_fileobj, [self.fullsig] + self.inclist)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backend.py",
line 279, in get_fileobj_read
   self.get(filename, tdp)
 File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/duplicity/backends/botobackend.py",
line 179, in get
   raise BackendException("Error downloading %s/%s" %
(self.straight_url, remote_filename))
duplicity.errors.BackendException: Error downloading
s3+http://BUCKETNAME/duplicity-full-signatures.2008-10-04T02:20:10-04:00.sigtar.gpg

rac