Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity without Secret Key

From: Colin Ryan
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity without Secret Key
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:45:54 -0400

Andrew, et. al.

I've got this working however I'm curious about the signing side. As previously stated I have a machine with a local keyring that has it's own initial key (public and private) and imported the public side of another external key.

Now when I go ahead and import the private key of the external key (to allow for restore), I also use:

--sign-key=<external key> --encrypt-key=<external key>

However I have to use the passphrase of the imported private key (which makes sense I suppose) but duplicity complains with a warning not an error that the backup was signed with the <local key> not the <external key>. The restore works but with the warning. Again I can envision why this occurs (one needs a complete public/private key pair for signing as well) but wondering if this is the expected behavour and if you see this kind of thing as well.

Thanks again folks.