[Duplicity-talk] Manual Restores.

From: Colin Ryan
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Manual Restores.
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:26:33 -0400

Folks,

Has anyone experimented with manual restoration of duplicity backups. Specifically what is and how to deal with the multivol_snapshots.

I downloaded a difftar file (from just a full), decrypted it via WinPT and can untar it successfully but I'm unsure how to handle the multi_vol that I would guess is generated for larger files so they can be chunked up nicely. And as an extension of this question what would one do with the incremental's in the chain.

Pointers or feedback appreciated.

Cheers