Re: [Duplicity-talk] How do you list all files since the backup chain s

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How do you list all files since the backup chain started
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:10:46 +0100 (BST)

> No..
>

> all you currently can do is --*list-current-files together with **-t*/
> <time/*>, --restore-time
> */<time>

Hmmm, interesting. I tried that using "09-10-2008" as the time for both -t and
--restore-time
together with --list-current-files but I'm still seeing files from yesterdays
backup on the 11th
too :-(

> But I agree with you .. a list-file-versions-in-backups function I would
> highly appreciate... I am not sure if size values are saved in the backups
> metadata.

If we could list what files were available from a specific timeslot then the
size would be a handy
additional feature to have too!

> Also .. I miss a command to list all current backups. I 've only seen it
> in the verbose output on backup and verify(?) commands.

Are you talking about the "collection-status" command? It can give you a list
as follows:

Found a complete backup chain with matching signature chain:
-------------------------
Chain start time: Thu Oct  9 21:20:48 2008
Chain end time: Sun Oct 12 00:07:45 2008
Number of contained backup sets: 3
Total number of contained volumes: 14
 Type of backup set:                            Time:      Num volumes:
                Full         Thu Oct  9 21:20:48 2008                12
         Incremental         Sat Oct 11 00:13:16 2008                 1
         Incremental         Sun Oct 12 00:07:45 2008                 1
No orphaned or incomplete backup sets found.

That's the only way I know of getting a list of current backups in the system.

Rich.