[Duplicity-talk] hardlinks ?

From: karl
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] hardlinks ?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:34:58 -0500

I have a question about hardlinks.

I currently administer several boxes that use backuppc.  Originally the boxes
used
rsync over ssh to keep a remote offsite backup of the data.

When I ran accross duplicity, it looked like the perfect solution to use in
conjuction with backuppc.

I have come accross the following problem.  Backuppc's incremental backup is
actually a full backup that consists of hardlinks to the original full backup.
So
when I run duplicity against backuppc's backups the size is many times the size
of
the original backup.

The question I have is...

Should I look for a way to get Duplicity to recognize hard links

or

should I ditch backuppc and look for another alternative which does not
incorporate
hardlinks?

If anyone else is using duplicity with another backup solution, I would be most
interested.  I may just have to develop my own script to run duplicity on the
smb
shares which need to be backed up.

Thanks
Karl