[Duplicity-talk] Avoiding full backups

From: Benjamin Eastep
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Avoiding full backups
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:18:56 -0700

I'm having some trouble with Duplicity.

1)I have about 13 gigs of data to backup
2)I have a relatively slow uplink. Running a full backup takes about 4 days. (But most of it's pretty static, so incremental backups work fine) 3)After many (a couple of hundred? ) incrementals, duplicity breaks. Googling around seems to suggest doing a full backup once a month or so, to avoid this type of problem.

So here's my issue. I need to do a full backup occasionally to avoid breakage, but doing a full backup is impractical time-wise...

Is there some other way I make this work?

Note: I'm running duplicity 0.4.2 because that's in debian stable. If necessary, I can snag 0.5 from a backport.

Thanks,
Ben Eastep