Re: [Duplicity-talk] Avoiding full backups

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Avoiding full backups
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 12:53:31 +0000

So here's my issue. I need to do a full backup occasionally to avoid breakage, but doing a full backup is impractical time-wise...

Is there some other way I make this work?

Note: I'm running duplicity 0.4.2 because that's in debian stable. If necessary, I can snag 0.5 from a backport.

I would suggest doing the duplicity backup to a local usb drive and then rsyncing the contents upstream. I have a DSL link with 384k upstream and I use this method.

Ian.