Re: [Duplicity-talk] Failures w/ S3 backend

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Failures w/ S3 backend
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:51:03 +0100

> > A fair number of folks use Amazon for massive backups, so I don't
> > think
> > that's the problem.
> >
> anybody care to state system and command line used?

Modified for privacy, here is a sample cmdline from a full backup used
in a situation where I have hundreds or thousands of volumes backing
up tens or hundreds of GB of data:

/root/duplicity/duplicity-bin full --allow-source-mismatch --s3-use-new-style
--s3-european-buckets --archive-dir PATH/duplicity_archives_s3/SETNAME
--num-retries 500 --volsize 25 -v5 monthly s3+http://BUCKET/SETNAME

PATH, SETNAME and BUCKET were the only replacements for privacy.

This is however not yet with .10 or .11, so if the problem is recently
introduced, assuming it's a duplicity problem, the above is
irrelevant.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'