Re: [Duplicity-talk] changed files not being backed up

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] changed files not being backed up
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:55:23 -0600

Change time, ctime, is for any modification of the file, i.e. content or metadata.  Modification time, mtime, only registers the change of content on the inode.  So, if we go to ctime, the file will be backed up if any metadata changes, which is probably the way it should be.

However, I'm willing to bet some will argue the current check is correct.  I seem to remember this discussion happening before.

...Ken