Re: [Duplicity-talk] Backup problems 0.6.17

From: Ken Bass
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Backup problems 0.6.17
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:46:09 -0500

On 1/10/2012 3:12 PM, Ken Bass wrote:
On 1/10/2012 12:09 PM, address@hidden wrote:
can you send us the full output run with -v9 , obfuscate data that seems sensitive to you in it. please post it to pastebin and send the link here.

I did have an idea earlier. One thing I noticed is that during the original backup I had a restart. I wonder if the restart/resume logic is somehow corrupting the signature files?

This is the problem. I was able to reproduce it when there is a RESTART.

To reproduce:

1) Kick off a full backup. Wait until several volumes have been uploaded and then hit Ctrl-C during the upload of a volume. You will probably have to hit Ctrl-C five times to abort each of the five retry attempts. The goal is to exit back to the shell. 2) Run the same backup command and let it complete. Duplicity will print something like
"RESTART: Volumes 2 to 3 failed to upload before termination.
         Restarting backup at volume 2."

At this point you are supposed to have a completed full backup set.

3) Run the same backup command and let it complete. This will be your first incremental. All files located in volumes prior to the RESTART will be marked as deleted.

4) Run the same backup command and let it complete. This will be your second incremental. All files marked deleted will be backed up again and marked deleted again.

If you still want me to upload to pastebin I can, but this should allow for reproduction of the problem.