Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply restore Bug [ # diff -q -r /tmp/restore/sbin

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply restore Bug [ # diff -q -r /tmp/restore/sbin /usr/sbin ] Comes wrong! {Amended 2}
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 15:59:46 +0100

On 06.03.2012 15:44, han duply wrote:
> *Hi ede! *
>
> TKS FOR YOUR NICE REPLY!!

np

> Yes!  When I put them in the folder "sbin2" of /usr, and use the CMD " diff
> -q -r /usr/sbin /usr/sbin2 " It Coms Right...
>
> *But two more Question come... *
>
> 1.  Are these "missing files" Really Backuped in the FTP Server ??
>
>      Because the CMD "du -sh /usr/sbin /usr/sbin2" gives me:
>        /usr/sbin      34M
>        /usr/sbin2    32M      <== So Where is the other files of 2M ?

can it be that subfolders of /usr/sbin are still excluded?
you could ls -la each folder and diff the resulting outputs

> *2.  If "Yes" to the first Question and then... *
> *
> *
>      *How could I fetch an old file from the backend (the FTP Server) and
> restore it to replace the file that missing or changed in the folder of
> /usr/sbin  ? *

duplicity ---restore-time now --file-to-restore [--force] folder/file
url://backup /out/folder/

could be that you need the --force parameter to overwrite existing files/folders
generally it is a better procedure to restore to a temporary location and
replace from there after verification that the correct data was restored.

..ede/duply.net