Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply restore Bug [ # diff -q -r /tmp/restore/sbin

From: han duply
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply restore Bug [ # diff -q -r /tmp/restore/sbin /usr/sbin ] Comes wrong! {Amended 2}
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:00:17 +0800

Hi ede:

Another restore with another folder "myrestore" with -v9 OUTPUT is here:

http://pastebin.com/LmcqpeBF

---------------
from duply.han

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 05.03.2012 07:56, han duply wrote:
> *Hi ede: *
>
> *1.The output of "duply tst2 list -v9" on the Pastebin: *
> http://pastebin.com/iQgvTF0N

the supposedly missing files are listed _in_ the backup

> *2.The output of between "ls -la /tmp/restore/sbin" and "ls -la /usr/sbin" are different with 105 lines *

SNIP

that raises the question why they weren't restored
please restore again tro another folder with -v9 and pastebin that output for me.

> *4.My guess: *
> a. Some files are not backuped just because they were running and can't be processed by duply.

well they are, see /list/

> b. From the md5sum of the /usr/sbin/accton with /tmp/restore/sbin/accton, I guess autually the file accton in /usr/sbin was not backuped.
>
> c. From *the size *of the */usr/sbin * and */tmp/restore/sbin *, I guess some files were indeed not backuped.
>

> *5.Another info: *
> *** I'm using a VMware under Vista with a CentOS running in the VM
> * VM version:7.15

good to know ..ede