Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie, trying to synchronise encrypted data

From: Karl O. Pinc
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie, trying to synchronise encrypted data
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 15:05:20 -0500

On 04/04/2013 12:28:35 PM, Arnd Grossmann wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, address@hidden wrote:
> > On 04.04.2013 18:31, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> >>
> >> You could, e.g., use an encrypted sshfs mounted filesystem
> >> and rsync.

> I need to keep the files encrypted on the server. This would only
> work
> if
> I individually encrypted each file on the client before rsync.

I was thinking you'd encrypt from the local end,
so, e.g., you could loop mount a file on the remote side
with an encrypted fs in the file.

Of course any sort of transport would work, not just ssh.
I mentioned sshfs because that's easy, even though
the encryption in the transport is redundant.

Karl <address@hidden>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein