Re: [Duplicity-talk] no GPG passphrase

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] no GPG passphrase
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:03:25 +0200

On 30.03.2014 04:52, Grant wrote:
> I've created a GPG keypair without a passphrase but duplicity still
> prompts me for a passphrase.  How can I prevent the passphrase prompt
> so I can automate the backup operation?

duplicity does not ask for gpg passphrases. the used gpg however does. check if
your key really is passphraseless and that the asked passphrase is not for your
backend.

it does however need it for actions involving decryption like

> Reading my encrypted data still requires possession of the private key
> even though there is no passphrase, correct?

yes

> BTW, can I pick files and folders from around the filesystem instead
> of only specifying a single source location?

manpage, see section File Selection, globbing list

..ede/duply.net