Re: [Duplicity-talk] no GPG passphrase

From: Grant
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] no GPG passphrase
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 07:13:20 -0700

>> I've created a GPG keypair without a passphrase but duplicity still
>> prompts me for a passphrase.  How can I prevent the passphrase prompt
>> so I can automate the backup operation?
>
> duplicity does not ask for gpg passphrases. the used gpg however does. check
> if your key really is passphraseless and that the asked passphrase is not for
> your backend.

The key must be passphraseless because when I'm prompted for the
passphrase I just hit Enter and the operation completes successfully.
Here are the prompts (I hit Enter 3 times):

GnuPG passphrase:
GnuPG passphrase for signing key:
GnuPG passphrase:

What do I need to do to prevent the prompts so I can automate the operation?

> it does however need it for actions involving decryption like

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Are you saying I must manually enter
a blank passphrase in order to decrypt?

>> Reading my encrypted data still requires possession of the private key
>> even though there is no passphrase, correct?
>
> yes
>
>> BTW, can I pick files and folders from around the filesystem instead
>> of only specifying a single source location?
>
> manpage, see section File Selection, globbing list

Very nice, I didn't realize there are --include and --exclude like rsync.

- Grant