Re: [Duplicity-talk] Using duplicity w/o local cache folder

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Using duplicity w/o local cache folder
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:35:29 -0500

You can't avoid the cache creation, but you can safely delete it after backup if you wish.  It will be recreated on the next backup.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Manuel Strehl <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I do unencrypted backups to a local USB storage, mounted directly. As I understand, the information of ~/.cache/duplicity is only there to ease look-up in the case of network backups, possibly even with added encryption.

Now, since there is basically no time penalty in my case to access the cache data compared to the real backup data, is it possible to run duplicity completely without creating any data in ~/.cache/duplicity? (I guess, setting the cache folder to `/dev/null` is not a very well-performing solution...)

(My Google-fu is not sufficient to unearth any answer, if this question has already been asked. My apologies in this case.)

Cheers,
Manuel