Re: [Duplicity-talk] Using duplicity w/o local cache folder

From: Manuel Strehl
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Using duplicity w/o local cache folder
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:18:34 +0200

(by the way, realizing your e-mail footer: I am using duply as convenience wrapper.)

On 13.10.2014 15:46, Manuel Strehl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do unencrypted backups to a local USB storage, mounted directly. As I understand, the information of ~/.cache/duplicity is only there to ease look-up in the case of network backups, possibly even with added encryption.

if you are doing unencrypted backups to a local mobile storage, two questions

1. why use duplicity if you neither need encryption nor uploading to remote storage?
2. even mobile harddrives are lost, stolen or eventually discarded. all in all a good reason to encrypt.

..ede/duply.net