Re: [Duplicity-talk] SSH backend and shell escaping

From: Yves Goergen
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] SSH backend and shell escaping
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:11:42 +0100

Am 10.12.2014 um 11:27 schrieb address@hidden:
any specific reason not to use
  http://duply.net
or some other existing shell wrapper?

Didn't know they exist, back when I started using duplicity. I also used mylvmbackup to create the LVM snapshot while all MySQL tables were safely flushed. But I'm not going to do that anymore because I intend to add PostgreSQL and synchronising two db servers would be too much. I'm going to submit some flush commands to the databases, but then basically leave them to their recovery mechanisms for the remaining few seconds.

Just quickly browsed the duply documentation. (The website's a bit slow right now.) Looks interesting, I'll check what it can do to make my life easier. I can't find the profile file description. How do I have to write that and what can it do?

--
Yves Goergen
http://unclassified.de