[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity is slow on many small files

From: Fazekas László
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity is slow on many small files
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 11:46:31 +0100

Hi!

I'm using duplicity to backup my webhosting server. My www directory is 17G, and it contains many many small files. A full backup to amazon S3 is >1 day. Is this a normal running time for a full backup? Creating tar from the www folder is 12min. Is it a good idea to make a tar before backup? Will it speed up the backup process? Will duplicity store only modifications of the tar? Or have you any other idea to speeding up the backup?

Ty

Best regards,
  Laszlo