Re: [Duplicity-talk] Best Duplicity 8 backend for Google Drive?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Best Duplicity 8 backend for Google Drive?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 04:41:07 +0200

not familiar with gdrive, but did you read the man page section
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/vers8/duplicity.1.html#sect27
?

..ede/duply.net

On August 17, 2021 12:35:38 AM GMT+02:00, zga9uhnq4g--- via Duplicity-talk <duplicity-talk@nongnu.org> wrote:
Thanks for the info Ken.

A couple follow up questions.
    thanks again,
    Peter

On 2021-08-15 09:51, Kenneth Loafman kenneth-at-loafman.com |duplicity-talk| wrote:
Hi Peter,

All of our backends are written by volunteers, so I'm not the best one to answer.
  • gdocs is 10 years old and some still use it (to be deprecated in 0.9.0).
  • pydrive replaced gdocs 7 years ago and some still use it (to be deprecated in 0.9.0).
  • gdrive replaced pydrive 5 months ago.
As far as I know, all three still work, which is surprising since gdocs is deprecated by Google.  I would suggest using gdrive.

A service account is for a team while a regular account is a normal Google user.  I don't know any pros or cons.

No, My Drive folders do not need to be shared, they just need different addressing than shared.

Sorry, that's all I can think of at the moment,  Hope it helps!

...Ken