Re: [Duplicity-talk] Best Duplicity 8 backend for Google Drive?

From: zga9uhnq4g
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Best Duplicity 8 backend for Google Drive?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 20:19:17 -0700

Yes I did read it.  That's the "Note on GDrive Backend" section that I mentioned I'm having trouble understanding.

First, it talks about a "Google My Drive based shared folder" and I want to use a Google My Drive regular (non-shared) folder (which Ken said should work).

Second, even though the "Note on GDrive Backend" section mentions using a regular account (as an alternative to a "service account"), the example URL in that section as well is the gdrive example in the URL Format section only show "service account name" and "service account email address".  The last sentence in the "Note on GDrive Backend" section seems to imply that the OAuth client ID is alternative for the service email address, but doesn't make it clear how/where to provide that client ID.

In addition, the example URLS in the "URL Format" section and the "Note on GDrive Backend" section look quite  different, so I'm not sure which format to follow.

    thanks,
    Peter