Re: [Duplicity-talk] Does duplicity rely on a special namespace abbrevia

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Does duplicity rely on a special namespace abbreviation in webdav respones?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:23:46 -0500

That looks like a clean solution.

...Thanks,
...Ken

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 12:20 PM edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk <duplicity-talk@nongnu.org> wrote:
On 27.07.2022 17:59, Kenneth Loafman via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> I don't have the spec for WebDAV, but I'm guessing that your addition to duplicity will do no harm.  Perhaps you could submit a bug request with the fix to issues <https://gitlab.com/duplicity/duplicity/-/issues> so we can track it.
>
> ...Thanks,
> ...Ken
>

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 6:22 AM Felix Prüter via Duplicity-talk <duplicity-talk@nongnu.org <mailto:duplicity-talk@nongnu.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi ede,
>     thanks for your fast reply!
>
>     Am 2022-07-19 12:11, schrieb edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk:
>>     duplicity is outdated and  not maintained any more. please upgrade to latest 0.8.23 and see if the error persists.
>
>     1) I know that the 0.7-series is EOL but my hoster still use it :-(
>     2) The error persits even with the newest version
>
>>>     Does the webdav backend require a "d" as abbreviation for the xml namespace and does not parse the xml response otherwise?
>>
>>     can't tell, but feel free to have a look in
>>
>>     https://gitlab.com/duplicity/duplicity/-/blob/main/duplicity/backends/webdavbackend.py <https://gitlab.com/duplicity/duplicity/-/blob/main/duplicity/backends/webdavbackend.py>
>
>     My assumption seems to be correct: in the webdavbackend.py in line 349
>
>>     for href in dom.getElementsByTagName(u'd:href') + dom.getElementsByTagName(u'D:href'):
>
>     Adding an additional dom.getElementsByTagName(u'ns0:href') to that line solves the problem!
>
>     Question: is it conceivable that the namespace prefix gets configurable within duplicity?
>     Or should that issue ("wrong" namespace prefix: ns0 instead of d/D) be solved on the backend's side?

quick search
  spec - http://www.webdav.org/specs/rfc4918.xml#METHOD_PROPFIND
  example - https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/commit/01614b5a136cab669e961ef4d1b95c3738afad6a
suggests that the namespace(s) should be parsed from the response and used accordingly.

surely that'd be the cleaner solution.

..ede