Re: [Duplicity-talk] Does duplicity rely on a special namespace abbrevia

From: Felix Prüter
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Does duplicity rely on a special namespace abbreviation in webdav respones?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:20:07 +0200

Hi ede,
thanks for your fast reply!

Am 2022-07-19 12:11, schrieb edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk:
duplicity is outdated and  not maintained any more. please upgrade to latest 0.8.23 and see if the error persists.

1) I know that the 0.7-series is EOL but my hoster still use it :-(
2) The error persits even with the newest version

Does the webdav backend require a "d" as abbreviation for the xml namespace and does not parse the xml response otherwise?

can't tell, but feel free to have a look in

https://gitlab.com/duplicity/duplicity/-/blob/main/duplicity/backends/webdavbackend.py

My assumption seems to be correct: in the webdavbackend.py in line 349

for href in dom.getElementsByTagName(u'd:href') + dom.getElementsByTagName(u'D:href'):

Adding an additional dom.getElementsByTagName(u'ns0:href') to that line solves the problem!

Question: is it conceivable that the namespace prefix gets configurable within duplicity?
Or should that issue ("wrong" namespace prefix: ns0 instead of d/D) be solved on the backend's side?

Felix