Re: [Duplicity-talk] typical/recommended duplicity workflow/usage, featu

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] typical/recommended duplicity workflow/usage, features
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 12:01:29 -0500

You should ask at StackOverflow as well.

As to your house of cards, do a full backup locally to a removable drive now so it will be fast and so you'll have it for emergencies.  Given the number of incrementals, I would not continue as is.

In general I recommend one month intervals for full backups with daily intervals for incrementals.  The full should be verified.  I would keep one verified full backup onsite and one offsite.  I would also use file:// schema for all local backups and an rclone like tool to sync to the remote from your onsite.  All that will give you an immediate recovery if needed and safety in case of site disaster, as long as your remote is more than 50 miles from your site.

Hope this helps!

....Ken